Whitney Houston



"It's amazing how people we've never met can touch our lives so much, how their work can become bookmarks for definitive moments in our lives and how we can truly love them from afar." My friend, designer Aaron Potts posted this a few days ago on Facebook in reference to the death of Whitney Houston and I couldn't agree more.
Today Whitney Houston is being laid to rest and I can't begin to explain how devastatingly sad I am. Whitney's The Greatest Love Of All was my very first cassette, The Bodyguard was my first CD, and for my college application to FIT I designed a concert wardrobe for her as my fashion design art test.
I would have loved to share my Whitney sketches with you, however they are packed away in storage with the rest of my college work, so better yet I'm sharing the work of my friend, Aaron Potts. Aaron, in collaboration with Kaufman Franco, sketched many gowns for Whitney that she and her stylists then chose from.

Whitney, I will always love you.

Leave a Comment

Eliza said...

Regardless of whether we are celebrities or not, we all have a purpose in life. Whitney's daughter is the main focus here and the funeral should be private for her to mourn the loss of her mother now and hopefully in time, learn to celebrate her life because not everyone has a good relationship with there mother. I think that having a daughter who unconditionally loves her mother is great because all mothers fail in some respect. I appreciate Whitney Houston as a singer now as I have always done and I let her family and friends deal with the drug problem that she did have. Now I hope she rests in peace and I pray for only happiness for her family.

rebekah said...

Beautiful sketches.

Pingos do Céu said...

Fabulous sketches and what a wonderful diva!

Congrats! Your work is gorgeous!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Rebekah and Pingos, these are actually the artwork of Aaron Potts though. :)